Friday, February 24, 2017

Did Abraham smash the idols?

Did Abraham smash the idols?

19:41 And mention in the Book Abraham. Indeed, he was a man of truth, a Prophet. 19:42 When he said to his father, "O my father, why do you worship that which does not hear and does not see and does not benefit you in anything? 19:43 O my father, indeed, verily there has come to me of knowledge that which has not came to you, so follow me; I will guide you to an even path. 19:44 O my father, do not worship Satan. Indeed, Satan is disobedient to the Most Gracious. 19:45 O my father, indeed, I fear that a punishment will touch you from the Most Gracious, so you would be a friend to Satan." 19:46 He said, "Do you hate my gods, O Abraham? Surely, if you do not desist, I will surely stone you, so leave me for a prolonged time." 19:47 He said, "Peace be on you. I will ask forgiveness for you from my Lord. Indeed, He is Ever Gracious to me. 19:48 And I will leave you and that which you invoke besides Allah and I will invoke my Lord. It may be that I will not be unblessed in invocation to my Lord."19:49 So (fa) when he left them and what they worshiped other than Allah, We bestowed him Isaac and Jacob, and each We made a Prophet.

(According to Verse 21:60, Abraham was young when he made the idols into pieces ("we heard a youth mention them, he is called Abraham." (21:60)); and according to Verse 14:39, Abraham was old when Ishmael and Isaac were granted (“the One Who has granted me Ishmael and Isaac in old age”(14:39)); and according to Verse 19:49, when Abraham left them and what they worshiped other than Allah, Isaac and Jacob were bestowed. And according to Verse 21:68, his people intended to remain devoted to the idols, even after Abraham made them into pieces (21:58). So, after making the idols into pieces, his father and others remained devoted to the idols when Abraham left them)(In other words, the destruction of the idols (at young age) did not mean that there are no idols anymore (actually one idol was not even broken (21:58)), so, at an older age, Abraham left them and their idols, because they still had idols, so there is no contradiction in the Qur’an)(In regard to the sequence of Verses in the Qur’an, it does not necessarily correspond with chronological sequence of events)(“wa” (and) does not indicate chronological order in Arabic, so it is used to add non-chronological information)(In regard to Abraham confronting them or leaving them, these are different events. Abraham was young when he made the idols into pieces (21:60), on the other hand, Abraham was old when he left them and what they worshiped other than Allah, so when Abraham left, Isaac and Jacob were bestowed (19:49, 14:39))(Allah knows best)

21:51 And verily, We gave Abraham his guidance before, and We were about him Well-Knowing. 21:52 When he said to his father and his people, "What are these statues to which you are devoted?" 21:53 They said, "We found our forefathers worshipers of them." 21:54 He said, "Verily, you and your forefathers were in manifest error." 21:55 They said, "Have you come to us with the truth, or are you of those who play?" 21:56 He said, "Nay, your Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, the One Who created them, and I am, to that, of the witnesses. 21:57 And by Allah, I will surely plan against your idols after you go away turning (your) backs." 21:58 So he made them into pieces except a large (one) of them, so that they may return to it. 21:59 They said, "Who has done this to our gods? Indeed, he is of the wrongdoers." 21:60 They said, "We heard a youth mention them, he is called Abraham." 21:61 They said, "Then bring him before the eyes of the people, so that they may bear witness." 21:62 They said, "Have you done this to our gods, O Abraham?" 21:63 He said, "Nay, (some doer) did it. This is their chief. So ask them if they (can) speak." 21:64 So they returned to themselves and said, "Indeed, you are the wrongdoers." 21:65 Then they were turned on their heads, "Verily, you know these (can)not speak." 21:66 He said, "Then do you worship besides Allah that which does not benefit you in anything nor harms you? 21:67 Uff to you and to what you worship besides Allah. Then will you not use reason?" 21:68 They said, "Burn him and support your gods, if you are doers." 21:69 We said, "O fire, be cool and safe for Abraham." 21:70 And they intended for him a plan, but We made them the greatest losers. 21:71 And We delivered him and Lot to the land which We had blessed for the worlds. 21:72 And We bestowed on him Isaac and Jacob in addition, and all We made righteous.

(According to Verse 21:68, after Abraham made the idols into pieces, they still supported their idols)(Allah knows best)

14:37 Our Lord, indeed, I have settled (some) of my offsprings in an uncultivated valley near Your Sacred House, our Lord, that they may establish the prayers. So make hearts of men incline towards them, and provide them with fruits so that they may be grateful. 14:38 Our Lord, indeed, You know what we conceal and what we proclaim. And nothing is hidden from Allah on the earth and in the heaven. 14:39 All Praise is for Allah, the One Who has granted me Ishmael and Isaac in old age. Indeed, my Lord is All-Hearer of the prayer. 14:40 My Lord, make me an establisher of prayer, and from my offsprings. Our Lord, and accept my prayer. 14:41 Our Lord, forgive me and my parents and the believers on the Day (when) the account will be established."

(According to Verse 21:60, Abraham was young when he made the idols into pieces, and according to Verse 14:39, Abraham was old when Ishmael and Isaac were granted. According to Verse 19:49, when Abraham left them and what they worshiped other than Allah, then Isaac and Jacob were bestowed. And according to Verse 21:68, they intended to remain devoted to the idols, even after Abraham made them into pieces)(Allah knows best)

26:69 And recite to them the news of Abraham, 26:70 When he said to his father and his people, "What do you worship?" 26:71 They said, "We worship idols, so we will remain devoted to them."

(Verse 26:71 also confirms that they intended to remain devoted to the idols)(Allah knows best)

6:74 And when Abraham said to his father Azar, "Do you take idols as gods? Indeed, I see you and your people in manifest error." 6:75 And thus We showed Abraham the kingdom of the heavens and the earth, so that he would be among those who are certain. 6:76 So when the night covered him, he saw a star. He said, "This is my Lord." But when it set, he said "I do not like the ones that set." 6:77 When he saw the moon rising, he said, "This is my Lord." But when it set, he said, "If my Lord does not guide me, I will surely be among the people who went astray." 6:78 When he saw the sun rising, he said, "This is my Lord, this is greater." But when it set, he said, "O my people, indeed, I am free of what you associate." 6:79 Indeed, I have turned my face to the One Who created the heavens and the earth as a true monotheist, and I am not of the polytheists. 6:80 And his people argued with him. He said, "Do you argue with me concerning Allah while He has certainly guided me? And I do not fear what you associate with Him, unless my Lord wills anything. My Lord encompasses all things in knowledge. Then will you not take heed? 6:81 And how could I fear what you associate while you do not fear that you have associated with Allah that for which He did not send down to you any authority. So which of the two parties has more right to security, if you know?" 6:82 Those who believed and did not mix their belief with wrong, those, for them, is the security, and they are rightly guided. 6:83 And this is Our argument, We gave it to Abraham against his people. We raise by degrees whom We will. Indeed, your Lord is All-Wise, All-Knowing.

(These are different events, because in one sentence Abraham is talking to his father, and in another sentence he is talking to the people. The word “when” indicates time)(Allah knows best)

See also: Is there any contradiction in the Qur'an? (11) (Prophets)

http://aqtthq.blogspot.com.es/2016/06/why-do-christians-hate-muslims-wasnt.html

See also: Is there any contradiction in the Qur'an? (0) (Index) https://aqtthq.blogspot.com.es/2017/03/refutation-of-so-called-internal.html

No comments:

Post a Comment